Thursday, September 2, 2010

Salad for 1

I was on my own for dinner tonight as I was going to be getting home late. It's kind of tricky to figure out what to eat when you're dining late. You don't want anything too heavy right before bed time, but at the same time you want something filling and satisfying. Eggs fit the bill nicely. I made a fresh salad: lettuce, radish, green onion, red pepper, avocado, celery, and tomatoes. And topped it with two beautifully prepared hard-boiled eggs. My dressing was a drizzle of olive oil, a good squeeze of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of unrefined sea salt.


As for the eggs, I put them in a pot and just cover with water. Then I bring the water to a boil over high heat and once the water comes to a boil, I take the pot off the heat and cover it. I then leave it covered for exactly 5 minutes, then run the eggs under cold water and peel off the shell. The result: perfect eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment