Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Gazpacho's Summer Unveiling


Well, I finally got to make my summer gazpacho that I had hoped to have the first day of summer -- so only a few days late and just before tomorrow's expected rain. I definitely prefer the chunky variety of gazpacho and not the style that is finely pureed and looks more like a dish of raspberry sorbet. So I use the food processor to blitz the veggies (tomatoes - seeded, of course; cucumber - seeded, of course, red pepper, - seeded, of course; and red onion - seeded...not...caught you!) into the desired chunky shape. Then it all goes into the largest bowl I have along with a glug or two of olive oil and white wine vinegar, lots of tomato juice, and it gets well-seasoned with salt and pepper. And there it is: summer in a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment