Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blend, Pour & Enjoy


Gee, I didn't take into consideration what I'd do if I went out for dinner this summer, which is exactly what happened tonight. I met a dear friend for a long overdue get-together. Much to my delight and surprise she gave me a bag of beautiful farm-fresh morel mushrooms. When she first handed it over and I poked my face in the bag, I thought it looked like chocholate hedgehogs (from Purdy's), then I thought they looked like stuffed medjool dates. But when I brought one out and put it to my nose the wonderful woodsy aroma filled my nostrils. You'll certainly be reading about what I do with them over the next day or two. Of course, my friend is a foodie and has shared countless recipes over the years with me. Her food blog "The Weekly Recipes" provides sumptious seasonal recipes. Check out her site at http://foodelf.wordpress.com/.

So back again to what to do when I'm not preparing my own dinner. Well, I did enjoy a "raw" breakfast this morning - a smoothie to be exact. It's my favourite one and hails from the Rebar cookbook from the restaurant by the same name in Victoria. I've made A LOT of wonderful dishes from this book including the smoothie recipe for a "Bootsy Collins". Now you just can't help wanting to drink something called a Bootsy Collins! To make one serving: in a blender combine half a banana, 1/3 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen), the juice of an orange, and about 3 large tablespoons of yoghurt (optional). Blend, pour, and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Sandra - What a great blog. I know you're going to have a lot of fun with it and will quickly discover if you already haven't just how addictive the blog world is.

    I'll be checking in regularly to see what's new at Summer in The Raw. Looking forward to seeing your adventures with the food in this project.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete