Monday, August 16, 2010

That's a Wrap!

A meal in a wrap is my idea of fast food.

To make a good wrap, well, you need a good wrap. I like Food for Life’s Ezekiel 4:9 whole grain flourless tortillas. They use a variety of grains and lentils too, which have all been sprouted (meaning it ramps up the nutritional value). These wraps are also gluten-free. I don’t have any gluten issues, but turn to these wraps every time because they taste good and I like the idea of eliminating some gluten from my diet. They have a chewy quality – and I mean that in a good way. Most wraps are tasteless and just serve as a vehicle to hold the contents together. That isn’t the case here.

Of course you can go wild with what you fill them with, but tonight I just went with the contents of our cupboard and fridge: Refried beans, grated carrot, sliced green onion, and chopped red and yellow tomatoes topped with guacamole and salsa for dipping. Add a side salad and a quick dressing and you’re good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment