Thursday, September 16, 2010

Go Fish!

It was a miserable, rainy night and I was very late getting home from work. With a grumbling tummy and little interest to put dinner together, we went into Steveston to hunt for our supper. Don’t get me wrong. I love to cook and have no end of ingredients in my fridge and cupboard. But sometimes that’s exactly the problem. All this food needs to be prepped. I don’t buy prepared food so everything needs to be done from scratch, which is my preference, but on a night like tonight a little convenience would be good and certainly appreciated. The difficulty for me is finding good quality prepared foods – I’m not interested in packets of food with unpronounceable ingredients that all equate to chemicals, additives, preservatives, and artificial flavours and colours. I wish I had more time to spend in my kitchen and spend less time at work (but who wouldn’t?).

With this dreadful weather Pajo’s was closed so we landed at our second favourite spot for fish n’chips – Dave’s. I don’t find their batter nearly as light as Pajo’s; therefore it is second best in my books. But second best still ain’t bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment